Spotlight: Houston Playwrights
Submission Deadline: Jan. 3, 2020
Guidelines are listed below and are subject to change.
· Authors must reside in the Greater Houston Area
· Limit of (2) entries per playwright of an original work that has not been produced in the Houston area.
· All plays should be 10 to 20 minutes long, no exceptions. (If using standard play format, a good gauge is 9-21 pages, excluding title page).
· Monologues between 1-2 minutes will be accepted and count as one entry (selected monologues will be memorized and performed)
· All genres are accepted (light comedies, heavy dramas, thrillers, mystery, sci-fi, satire) with no regard to language or subject matter.
· Scripts are accepted via mail only (no email, no PDFs) and must be postmarked by (January 3, 2020). Scripts are not returned.
· Scripts should have a title page that includes the play title and playwright's contact information, as well as a list of characters and a brief synopsis of the play. Script pages should be numbered.
· There is NO ENTRY FEE.
Playwrights selected will be informed prior to the event.
Mail entries to:
Houston, TX 77063